9th Annual Civic Learning Conference
April 2nd, 2022 Destination Democracy
Civics in the Driver’s Seat
The Civic Education and Community Engagement Committee in conjunction with the Arizona Department of Education and the Arizona Council for the Social Studies is proud to host the 9th Annual Civic Learning Conference- Destination Democracy: Civics in the Driver’s Seat.
A conference emphasizing teaching, learning, and engagement in all areas of the social studies from birth through career and beyond:
- History: Teaching at the Crossroads
- Geography: Highways to Understanding
- Economics: Engine of the Community
Join ADE, the Arizona Council for the Social Studies, Higher Education faculty, Arizona K-12 educators, Arizona Civic Engagement Schools, community organzations and Adult Education program staff for a full day of civics and social studies learning.
Highly topical and interactive sessions will focus on inspiring civic and community engagement through the social studies disciplines and creating vibrant civic spaces in our communities for all Arizonans. All sessions will utilize best practices civic learning.
There will be sessions for early childhood, elementary, middle, highschool, college and university, adult education instructors, and community members and organizations.
Conference Highlights Include:
- Panel on Civil Discourse with National and Arizona speakers
- A State of Civics/Social Studies Town Hall
- 20 plus interactive sessions presented by K-12 educators, college faculty, Adult Education program staff, community educators and organizations
- Arizona Council for the Social Studies Awards Presentation
- Exhibit Tables
- Valuable resources and information from leading civic/social studies organizations
- Two meals and unlimited beverages and snacks throughout the day
- 7 Professional Development hours for re-certification